- “Capital of Europe” Belgium is home to the headquarters of the European Commission, the European Council, the European Parliament as well as NATO. Students enjoy access to Europe’s thought leaders in law and in business. Networking and educational opportunities abound.
- Brussels With many amenities for students, Brussels ranks 38th in QS “Best Student City Rankings.” Brussels is a center for the arts and has a rich cultural heritage.
- Learn a new language: While many higher education courses are taught in English, Belgium has three official languages: French, German and Dutch. Learn and practice all three!
- Belgian Specialties: Belgium is the world’s number one exporter of chocolate – delicious! Belgium also boasts amazing waffles and over 800 tasty Belgian beers.
- A Mix of Cultures: Belgium is divided into three regions: The Dutch-speaking Flemish region, the French-speaking Walloon region and the German region. You can learn about the history, culture and people of all three.
- Scholarships! Belgium offers an abundance of scholarships, many to emerging countries. Learn more here Belgian Scholarships.
- High quality of Life: Belgium is known as a very safe country with excellent healthcare at a relatively low cost of living. Belgium is full of culturally rich cities like Liege, Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent, and Namur.
- Central Location: Have the weekend off? Easily take a 2 hour train ride to many major cities in Europe
- World Renown Research: Belgium has a rich research culture, found in each of its 11 Research Universities
- Open-Minded: Belgians are known for being open-minded and welcoming to foreigners.
Top 10 Reasons to Study in the “Capital of Europe”