BBR would like to thank all the institutions that went into the making of the ESL Report.
|Avila University ILCP||Intensive Language and Cuture Programn||MO||• Small school with under 2,000 students, 10% of all students are international
• Students get involved in service projects with the community
• Free courses in the afternoon for students such as pronunciation and conversation
|Azusa Pacific University||American Language & Culture Institute||• Committed to developing a whole person, not just their English skills, with courses in leadership and capstone projects
• Offers unique programs such as AIM which connects students to the community and CUE summer program which give students a taste of life at various universities
• International students are treated as special guests - the campus goes above and beyond to provide for their needs, including tutoring, mentoring, activities, and welcoming them as family
|Chemeketa Community College, IEP||Intensive English||OR||• Strong career development planning
• All the resources of a large university with a small college feel
• Highlights service with lots of opportunities for students to get involved
|Colorado School of English||Intensive English Program||CO||• Open enrollment and flexibility - students are able to progress through levels at their own pace
• Students can customize their learning track with a focus on test preparation, English for Academic Purposes, or professional goals
• All teachers have master's degrees and three-plus-years experience teaching abroad which allows teachers to empathize with students, making them feel comfortable and relaxed in the learning environment
|Creighton University, Intensive English Language Institute||Intensive English Language Institute||NE||• Locally and nationally ranked, ESL students study on campus and are considered Creighton students with access to all the same activities and events of degree-seeking students
• Dedicated to keeping class sizes small (1:6 teacher to student ratio) in order to help students progress as quickly as possible
• Interested in university partnerships, faculty exchange programs, and collaborations with universities in Brazil
|Diablo Valley College||Intensive English Program||CA||• Located in the beautiful Diablo Valley with easy access to both Los Angeles and San Francisco, the outdoors, sporting events, and volunteer opportunities
• Small class sizes of up to 15 students and a faculty that all possess TESOL master's degrees and have lived abroad, therefore have a deep understanding of the challenges of living abroad
• Offers a Conditional Admissions program that allows students to transition straight into Diablo Valley College
|Embry-Riddle Language Institute||Intensive English Program||FL||• Located close to the ocean with the opportunity to engage in various cultural activities including Disney World
• Incredible opportunity for students interested in STEM, 75% of ESL students transfer to Embry-Riddle University
• Offers booster and introductory courses in culture, designed to introduce international students to American culture
|Global Language Institute||Intensive English Program||MN||• Located in the beautiful city of Berkeley 20 minutes from San Francisco, allowing for close partnerships and collaborations with University of California Berkeley
• Offers many opportunities to get involved in the community including a unique volunteer program
• Offers a Business Immersion Language Program that is specifically for Brazilian students groups of 15 or more
|Interlink||Intensive English Program||CO||• Offers a strong University Pathway Program; 90% of ESL students go on to attend Indiana State
• Large focus on creating a diverse community with opportunities for international students to volunteer with local nonprofits
• Distributes generous scholarships for Brazilians with impressive GPAs
|Intrax||English Programs||CA||• Utilizes a conversation-centered approach to learning (75% conversation based) which accelerates student learning in a practical way
• Specialized English for Professional Purposes program
• Boasts a new program focused on connecting students with local entrepreneurs in order to accelerate conversation and networking skills
|KENT STATE UNIVERSITY||ESL Center||OH||• Bridge courses to assist first time students beginning university
• Great summer program
• Undergraduate programs highlight: Business, Computer Science, Architecture
|Lamar University (TIEP)||English as a Second Language||TX||• Highly focused on engineering and located in an area engaged in the energy industry
• Offers a Bridge program with the option to be conditionally admitted to Lamar University
• Offers summer programs for ESL students and customizses specialized 4-week programs for groups
|Lewis & Clark College (Academic English Studies)||Academic English Studies||OR||• Provides courses for non-native English speakers to develop academic English and intercultural competency for success
• Offers content-based classes designed to foster necessary critical thinking and 21st century skills needed to participate in higher education learning and as global citizens
• Engages students and faculty with the greater Lewis & Clark campus and Portland communities, recognizing the importance of diversity and inclusion in creating an ideal learning environment
|Madison English as a Second Language Program||English as a Second Language Program||WI||• Amazing one-on-one attention given to each student
• Offers a University Pathway Program Program in order to prepare students for their future in university
• Organizes weekly activities for students such as visiting farmers markets and going to the movies, demonstrating a commitment to learning while also having fun
|NAZARETH COLLEGE||American Language Institute||NY||• Diverse student body including many students from Latin America
• Located near beautiful Niagara Falls, offering both nature and culture
• Individualized approach with intimate, family-like feeling for students
|NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY l American English Language Program||American English Language Program||KY||• Small classes allow instruction to be catered to students needs
• Offers summer sessions to allow students to pass levels in a shorter amount of time which is cost effective and helps students excel at a quicker pace
• Offers conditional admission to Northern Kentucky University, which allows students to enroll in either undergraduate classes or a graduate program
|Pittsburg State University||Intensive English Program||KS||• Individualized approach to teaching
• Great value for education
• Located in small, safe town, centrally located for travel in other parts of the United States
|Q International School||English Language School||CA||• Located in the heart of San Diego with access to malls, grocery stores, restaurants, and beaches
• Offers top-notch technology facilities including smart classrooms, computer labs, and tablets for all students to use
• Offers career counseling, academic advising, and test preparation programs
|Red Rocks Community College||Intensive English Program||CO||• Very strong curriculum in STEM fields
• Over 25 countries represented, showcasing a strong commitment to international students
• Located in Colorado, a state with a plethora of outdoor activities and beautiful scenery
|Savannah College of Art and Design||SCAD Language Studio||GA||• Located in the college town of Chico, the campus is diverse and inclusive of all students and their backgrounds
• History of hosting Brazilians and offers a Conditional Admissions program which is highly attractive to ESL students
• Committed to excellence with a quality teaching staff and a rigorous curriculum
|Selnate International School||English as a Second Language Course||UT||• Close to nature and the 6th safest city in the US
• An official TOEFL test center that offers test preparation
• Offers summer youth programs for language learning
|South Seattle College (Intensive English Program)||Intensive English Program||NY||• Have a faculty member in Brazil, showcasing commitment to Brazilian students
• Large ESL program with quality supportive services offering unique programs such as Aviation, Maintenance, and Hospitality Management
• Community college is 40%-60% less expensive than universities
|SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY l Intensive English Program||Intensive English Program||MO||• Flexible placement of students in class levels that are appropriate for their individual learning needs ensures that students progress and continue to improve
• Offers a Bridge program and encourages ESL students to take courses on the Southeast Missouri State University campus which integrates students into campus life
• Boasts one of the highest percentages of international students in Missouri with over 55 countries represented
|Southern Oregon University l Intensive English Program||Intensive English Program||OR||• The town of Ashland has a small town feel, safe environment, tigh- knit community, and a plethora of outdoor activities
• Offers small class sizes with a dedicated group of instructors who are focused on student success and boutique advising
• Offers customizable programs based on the group's interests, needs, and industry
|Texas A&M University Texarkana, Intensive English Program||Intensive English Program||TX||• Seamless Bridge program for ESL students
• Brand new STEM innovation laboratory
• Impressive dorm facilities
|The Ashland Center for English Studies (ACCESS)||IEP/ACCESS Program||OH||• Student-centered curriculum with six different start dates
• CEA-accredited institution with highly trained faculty members all holding master's degrees in TESOL or Applied Linguistics
• ESL students shadow degree courses and meet with professors to get a better idea of what classes are like
|The University of North Carolina at Greensboro - Part of Interlink||English as a Second Language Program||NC||• Maintains a strong relationship with the host campus by using campus classrooms and participating in university activities, allowing for students to easily transition to the university
• Teaches a project-based curriculum which incorporates learning both inside and outside of the classroom
• Awards incredible scholarships to Brazilian students
|TLC Berkely||Intensive English Program||CA||• Located in the vibrant city of Berkeley, just a few blocks from the UC-Berkeley campus and an easy commute to the city of San Francisco
• Offers students small class sizes (4 to 8 students) allowing students to flourish and receive more individual attention
• Offers a variety of activities such as conversation partners, educational workshops, and extracurricular outings in order to integrate international students into the school and area
|Tulsa Community College||English as a Second Language Program||OK||• Students have access to all amenities on campus and are warmly welcomed
• Cost of living is affordable and life has a slower pace
• Robust ESL program with students from all over the world in attendance
|UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL MISSOURI||English Language Center||MO||• Highly qualified, supportive instructors of the IEP conduct small class sizes to ensure student success.
• Small town college feel with all the school activities and events available to ESL students
• Conditional admissions path for students and diverse programs in aviation, business, and the stem fields
|UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA||Intensive English Program||MN||• A leading ESL school established in 1968
• Maintains conditional agreements with four universities in Minnesota, sending 80% of students on to continue university study
|University of Montana||English Language Institutes||MT||• Located on the University of Montana campus, ESL students are considered UM students, further integrating them into American and university culture
• Offers unique professional English programs including English for Law Enforcement and English for Medical Careers
• Participates in the prestigious Humphrey Fellowship Program which trains teachers to provide a high level of instruction to students
|University of North Florida||English Language Program||FL||• Integration into student life for ESL students is prioritized
• Volunteer opportunities for ESL students to build their résumés
• Strong community of Brazilians on campus
|UNIVERSITY OF WEST FLORIDA||Intensive English Program||FL||• Located on a nature preserve, close to the beach and the gulf of Mexico, presenting a familiar environment for Brazilian students
• The 12:1 ratio of students to teachers ensures a quality education and individual student attention
• The Cultural Ambassador Program partners Brazilian students with UWF students to provide cultural learning, social activities, and friendship
|Urban Planet Mobile||NC||• In 2011, Writing Planet’s global team collected thousands of essays written in English by non-native English learners from 41 countries. Submitted electronically, these essays were graded by trained professionals at Measurement Incorporated North Carolina headquarters. The PEG assessment engine was then “trained” with data from the expert Measurement Inc human evaluators. Writing Planet, therefore, is the only automated writing assessment tool developed with and for international writers of English.|
|A.C.E. Language Institute||Intensive English Program||WA||• Offers an intensive and customizable program based on student's language needs and interests
• Brazilians receive 15% off tuition
• Four university campus locations spread throughout the country
|Loyola University New Orleans and Loyola Intensive English Program||Intensive English Program||LA||• Located in the vibrant city of New Orleans, Loyola University offers highly-ranked ESL, music, business, and law programs
• Provides private tutors who work with students one-on-one in order to ensure achievement of academic goals
• As a Jesuit school, Loyola teaches values that help students find success both inside and outside the classroom
|University of Northern Colorado, Intensive English Program||Intensive English Program||CO||• Seamless provisional admissions
• Connects students with Friendship Families, American Ambassadors, and conversation partners
• Opportunities for students to ski, hike, and whitewater raft in the Rocky Mountains
|Arkansas State University, The International Center for English||The International Center for English||AR||• Innovative courses such as Current Events, Film, and Journalism
• Special staff dedicated to producing an activities calendar for students to get out into the community and have fun while learning and practicing English
• Students who complete the ESL program are automatically accepted into undergraduate programs. From beginner to university, the program can take one academic year.
|Atlanta English Institute||Intensive English Program||GA||• Small class sizes, quality professors, and affordable tuition
• Offers Top Intensive English Program and Test Preparation Programs
• Several outstanding resources available to students such as a library, shuttle, computer labs, and a lively student community
|California ESL Language Academy||English Language Programs||CA||• A boutique family-owned and operated school that strives to make every student feel like part of the family
• A maximum class size of ten students allows teachers to customize each lesson to the student's specific needs and goals
• A hands on approach allows much of the learning to take place outside of the classroom through fun activities in a real world setting
|California State University, San Bernardino - International Extension Programs (IEP)||International Extension Programs||CA||• Located in beautiful Southern California, close to major cities such as Los Angeles and Las Vegas as well as the beach and mountains
• Rigorous ESL curriculum and high-quality instruction with a focus on cultural and social activities to provide integrated experience
• Affordable housing options including an incredible homestay program which includes three meals and transportation to and from campus
|California State University, Sonoma||American Language Institute||CA||• A family environment for international students located in the natural beauty of Sonoma County, one hour to the north of San Francisco
• Incredible academic programs, intimate class sizes, and quality teachers all contribute to the success of students
• Strong interest in furthering university partnerships in Brazil and exploring faculty exchange as well
|CSU San Marcos||American Language and Culture Institute||CA||• Located in the foothills of northern San Diego County just a short distance from Southern California’s best beaches and museums, and the night life of downtown San Diego, Cal State San Marcos is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
• Offers industry-specific English programs in areas such as business, medical, and technology
• Offers conditional admission, TOEFL/IELTS-waiver, and opportunities for university bridge program, permitting students to take 1-2 university courses with their ESL courses.
|English Studies Institute||Intensive English Program||CA||•Located in the beautiful city of Berkeley, allowing for close partnerships and collaborations with Cal Berkeley.
•Offers many opportunities to get involved in the community including a unique volunteer-oriented summer program.
•Offers a Business Immersion Language Program that is specifically for Brazilian students.
|ICLS (International Center for Language Studies)||English as a Second Language||DC||• Located in Washington, D.C., a cultural hub for international business, U.S. history and culture, entertainment and recreational activities
• Offers goal-oriented English for Professionals program, Intensive English Program, and highly customizable group programs
• Achieved the distinguished10-year CEA accreditation
|LSI||English Language Courses||NY||• Dedicated to providing quality programs and a top teaching staff for over 50 years
• Offers unique programs aside from Intensive English, such as Club 40+ and summer programs for youth
• Highly recommended by former students which attests to the incredible experience LSI provides to students
|Mentora College||Intensive ESL Program||DC||• Located in Washington, D.C.
• 13 levels and 20 electives available
• Preparation programs for TOEFL iBT, GMAT, SAT, GRE, and IETLS
|National University - San Diego||English Language Program||CA||• Campus is located 9 miles from the beach in San Diego CA, a city with a strong Brazilian culture.
• A rigorous curriculum and excellent university preparation courses.
• Dedicated to the blended language learning philosophy, incorporating both technology and in person instruction for students
|North Carolina State University – Intensive English Program||Intensive English Program||NC||• Welcomes both conditionally-admitted students and IEP-only students to its regular 15 week and summer 9 week programs.
• Strong support systems and assistance provided by faculty and NC State student mentors allow students to learn American English and culture both inside and outside of the classroom
• Availability of smart classrooms, language labs, and free tutoring services which create an extra level of learning and support for students
|St. Giles San Francisco||English Language School||CA||• Small class sizes (averaging 10 students per class)
• Platinum program where business professionals can target their studies, such as English for IT, in classes with 5 or fewer students
• Family owned since 1955
|Temple University||Intensive English Language Program||PA||• Located in Philadelphia, a big city that feels small and is known for history, food, and culture, close to New York and other cultural hubs
• Dedicated student services staff at the IELP. Access to various university student services, including disability assistance and tutoring, as well as many student groups active in the university and community
• Great value for quality education - more affordable than other universities in the area
|University of California, Irvine Extension||Intensive English Language Program||CA||• Located in incredible Southern California on the beautiful UC Irvine campus
• Offers three options of ESL and content study: English, professional, university
• In the Undergraduate Pathway program, over 90% of students admitted to UCI, and consistently outperform domestic and international students
|University of Florida English Language Institute||English Language Institute||FL||• One of the first university-based intensive English programs in the country, located in a small town filled with innovation and art
• Intensive academic English curriculum prepares students for study at US universities and colleges
• Offers a Cultural Immersion Program (CIP) with activities and outings every afternoon and weekend, allowing students to fully immerse themselves in American culture
|University Bridgeport||English Language Institute||CT||• Located on the scenic coast of the Long Island sound close to New York City, the campus is diverse with over 80 countries represented
• The program focuses on teaching English for Academic Purposes. Students who choose to pursue academic programs upon completion of language training will be considered for academic merit scholarships.
• 95% of Brazilian undergraduate students who completed their program now have internships
|Clackmas Community College (English as a Second Language)||English as a Second Language||OR||• International students who complete the Program for Intensive English can be admitted directly to the college without a TOEFL or IELTS score
• Highly trained faculty members all hold MA degrees and participate regularly in professional development
• Classes have 15-30 students of diverse nationalities, ages, and backgrounds.
|Converse International School of Languages San Francisco||Intensive English Program||CA||• CEA accredited Intensive ESL training for international students in San Diego and San Francisco since 1972
• Small class size (maximum of 8 students per class) allows for a personalized learning experience so students can achieve results more quickly and gain a lot of confidence in expressing themselves in English
• Programs include Intensive English, Business English, Academic English, Test Preparation, Juniors Program, and Executive English
|English Language Center||Intensive English Program||MA||• Located in the heart of the cities, the three ELC locations provide learning in a safe community
• Offers a Juniors program which allows high school students to partake in activities such as surfing and photography
• Provides multi-level placement to ensure students are receiving an education tailored to their individual needs, longer lessons (50 mins), smaller class sizes (9 to 10 students), and 12 English levels.
|Hocking College||English as a Second Language||OH||• Offers University Pathway Programs with transfer module and conditional admissions
• Offers distinctive programs through the culinary school and fine arts department
• Students have the option to live in on-campus dorms
|Pacific University, English Language Institute (ELI)||English Language Institute (ELI)||OR||• Located near the city of Portland known for great food, arts, and culture as well as amazing outdoor activities such as kayaking, hiking, and snowboarding
• Welcoming and diverse campus that strives to seamlessly integrate ESL students into campus life
• Offers a Bridge program and supportive breakout sessions to help students adapt to university classes and prepare them for full-time degree courses
|Brookhaven College||Intensive English Program||TX||• Excellent value for quality education
• Easily accessible from Brazil, near Dallas/Fort Worth airport
• Multicultural campus
|Humboldt State University, IELI||Intensive English Program||CA||• ESL program has flexible start dates and a great Bridge program to help students get into university
• Strong Brazilian community as well as many international students
• Located on the coast of Northern California with access to beaches, mountains, and outdoors activities
|ILA (International Language Academy of Washington DC)||Intensive English||VA||• Founded on the basis of excellence in education, where learning becomes an extraordinary interactive experience, offering many varied programs including an Intensive English Program, Business English, Legal English, and Test Preparation
• CEA accredited, small class sizes, and flexible entry points (with sessions starting every month)
• Committed to welcoming more Brazilian students
|Inlingua (Inlingua Washington DC)||English as a Second Language||DC||• Established in 1983, CEA accredited, and has partnerships with more than 60 universities
• Offers an English for Academic Purposes program with personalized attention from a dedicated staff
• Located in vibrant Washington, D.C., a city known for politics, museums, and history
|Language Systems DTLA||English as a Second Language||CA||• Offers a variety of programs (including a teacher training program and several test preparation classes) and affordable tuition; Brazilians can attend without a TOEFL score
• Highly qualified and caring faculty at all four locations
• A variety of sponsored activities and events that allow students to learn about American culture
|Michigan State University English Language Center||Intensive English Program||MI||• One of the oldest ESL program in the United States, with ESL education integrated into many fields of study
• Strong diversity on campus: 13% international students
• Opportunities to engage in extra-curricular activities including organized weekend outings
|Mississippi State University||English as a Second Language Center||MS||• Known for engineering and agricultural programs
• Located in a safe, hospitable southern town
• Great value for a quality education
|NORTHERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY||English Language Institute||MI||• Offers an academic Intensive English Program at a university campus, a summer program, extra language practice, and cultural immersion
• Affordable and flexible option with hands-on learning opportunities such as academic service learning
• Located in a friendly city on the shores of the biggest of the Great Lakes with an environment that lets students experience the four seasons
|Saint Michael’s College: a University in Vermont, USA - Sent||English Language Programs||VT||• Academically focused university with the second oldest language program in the US.
• Located in beautiful Vermont, a safe and health-conscious state with abundant outdoor activities.
• Excellent student-centered programs including an Intensive English Program and a University Pathway Program that allows students to receive full credit for their undergraduate programs while studying English
|Santa Barbara City College ELSP||English as a Second Language Program||CA||• Consistently ranked among the top community colleges in the US
• Located minutes from the Pacific Ocean in Southern California
• Award winning in quality of faculty and student services
|SUNY - Buffalo (English Language Institute)||English Language Institute||NY||• Offers Intensive English programs, ESL programs, non-credit evening programs, and summer programs
• Has over 40 years experience in providing quality ESL programs and great support to students
• Home of The Clinical and Translational Research Center and The GRoW (Garden Relax or Work) Home, which is participating in the US Department of Energy Solar Decathlon
|The Language Academy||Intensive English Program||FL||• ACCET-accredited school offering programs for professionals and students alike, including tailored executive courses, private lessons, English Specific Purpose (ESP), a general English program, TKT, university preparation programs, and junior programs
• Located in Fort Lauderdale, an upscale city with a young population that has been called the "Venice of America"
• Interested in welcoming more Brazilians students at all levels
|The University of Texas at Austin, ELP||English Language Program||TX||• Strong community of Brazilians in vibrant and creative US city
• Customizable programs for various cohorts
• Strong engineering programs (chemical, civil, mechanical)
|UCEDA Institute||English as a Second Language Program||NJ||• A caring, family-owned business with excellent Intensive English Programs, TOEFL test preparation, and summer programs
• A flexible, affordable program with numerous locations in the US
• Committed to welcoming more Brazilian students
|University of Colorado Colorado Springs||English Language Center||CO||• Intensive English Program offered alongside many other UCCS programs including, business and computer science
• Conditional Admissions program allows qualified international students to be accepted
• Located in the heart of the beautiful Rocky Mountains
|University of Michigan - Dearborn||English as a Second Language Endorsement||MI||• Offers diverse, affordable programs such as English for Academic Purposes, summer programs, and customized programs
• Accredited ELPP and certified to ensure students get excellent training in English.
• Courses taught by highly qualified instructors with lots of experience
|UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN-FLINT||English as a Second Language Endorsement||MI||• English courses are taught by TESOL-trained instructors who have experience teaching and living abroad
• Forward thinking approach with a unique focus on civic engagement and special activities for international students to learn about and adapt to American culture
• Offers a variety of supportive services including free tutoring, academic advising, and cultural adaptation
|University of San Francisco, IEP||Intensive English Program||CA||• Located in the heart of San Francisco
• ESL summer program focused on academic English
• Students have access to homestay program or living on campus in San Francisco
|UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA||English Programs for Internationals||SC||• Offers an Intensive English Program, special English, and test preparation, among many courses geared toward international students
• Affordable tuition at a top-ranked accredited university
• Ready to welcome Brazilian students with southern hospitality in a safe, clean, historic American city
|University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, Intensive English Program||Intensive English Program||WI||• Offers a variety of tracks for intensive English study, including English for Professionals, Bridge program, exam preparation, and the opportunity to take undergraduate and graduate courses
• Dedicated to education, leadership, responsiveness, service, and sustainability
• Ready to welcome Brazilian students to its Intensive English Program
|WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY||English Language Institute||MI||• Learner-centered program focused on collaborative and innovative learning to prepare students to succeed in a global society
• The only intensive English language program in the metropolitan Detroit area with over 40 years of experience
• Strong programs in medicine, engineering, and connections to the GM and Ford auto industry
|WESTERN CAROLINA UNIVERSITY||Intensive English Program||IL||• Innovative programs at the Kimmel School and AACSB-accredited College of Business - including an executive training program for business professionals starting in 2016, a short-term teacher training program, and an Intensive English Program
• Provides a quality education to more than 10,000 students from 48 states and 35 countries.
• Invites Brazilian students to study at its beautiful and safe location in the mountains
|Western Illinois University||English as a Second Language Institute||IL||• Does not require a GRE score for admissions
• Strong in STEM fields - math, computer science, physics, chemistry, and also has an MBA program
• Has over 500 international students located in a small town in Western Illinois where students are able to focus on academics
|Western Michigan University, CELCIS||The Center for English Language & Culture||MI||• "Ranked as one of the top 100 public universities in the United States in 2015 by Washington Monthly."
• Great amenities including new dormitories, free public transportation and access to the student recreation center, sports games, free airport pickup, and easy access to Chicago and Detroit
• Service-Learning program with many volunteer opportunities
|New York Institute of Technology – New York City||English Language Institute||NY||• Top technology programs in the US
• Located in the heart of New York City
• Globally minded institution and education
|New York Language Center||English as a Second Language Center||NY||• One of the largest and most respected English language schools in New York
• Building a curriculum focused on academic English for University Pathway Programs
• Committed to staying connected to the needs of students from over 100 countries through live chats
|Pierce College, IEP||Intensive English Program||CA||• Located only 45 min from Seattle a leading technology hub in the United States
• Opportunity to earn college credit while completing your high school diploma
• Offers a welcoming environment for Brazilian students on a multi-cultural campus in one of the most diverse regions in the United States.
|University of Washington||English Language Programs||WA||• Located in the heart of Seattle, with programs for undergraduates and graduates (including summer programs)
• Offers a wide variety of international and English language programs that are some of the largest and most established in the US
• Committed to Brazil through previous participation with Brazil Scientific Mobility Program (BSMP) and welcomes additional Brazilians
|Valdosta State University||The English Language Institute||GA||• Small class sizes and strong varied programs including a Pre-academic English program and summer programs as well as fun, integrated activities
• Renowned computer science and engineering programs with a pathway to Georgia Tech (VSU ranks #1 in Engineering Transfer Program acceptance to Georgia Tech).
• Safe, quiet, and friendly community with a commitment to making Brazilian students feel at home
|CaMLA (CAMBRIDGE MICHIGAN LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT)||Test Center||MI||• Joint venture between the University of Michigan and Cambridge English Language Assessment with more than 500 test centers internationally
• Offers internationally-recognized American English tests to help educational, governmental, and private sector institutions meet their language-assessment needs
• Committed to Brazil by establishing 20 in-country locations
|Columbia West College||Intensive ESL||CA||• A family run business that cares deeply about its students and their futures
• Offers unique programs, including a University Pathway Program, Business English and direct transfer to a Hospitality Management Certificate/ Paid Hotel Internship Program for F-1 Student Visa holders
• Utilizes a unique teaching approach called the CWC Success System that includes free tutoring, free monthly language workshops, a free native English speaker conversation program, and a robust activities calendar that includes events such as comedy shows, school picnics & bbq's and trips to museums and amusement parks.
|Indiana University of Pennsylvania||American Language Institute||PA||• Over 30 years of experience offering Intensive English Programs, English teachers' programs, and ALI-IUP Bridge program
• University within the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education with the most robust international students community (6%)
• Eager to welcome Brazilian students into unique programs including, Undergraduate, Master's, Doctoral, and Culinary Arts
|NESE||Intensive English Program||MA||• Ranked in the top English schools in Brazil due to high academic quality.
• Divides residences and classes not only by English Level, but also by age groups. This helps students to get more specific attention.
• Showcases its commitment to Brazil by the school's local presence in Brazil and its interest in welcoming more Brazilian students.
|Northern Arizona University||Program in Intensive English||AZ||• Offers a challenging academic environment with many supportive services
• Located in Flagstaff, 30 minutes from Sedona with many outdoor activities and a lively community
• Dedicated teaching faculty and activity coordinator
|Northern State University||Academic English Program||SD||• Extremely affordable Academic English Program (AEP)
• Dedicated advisors to assist AEP students with entry into university
• Great science, international business, and performing arts programs
|UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN INDIANA||International English Program||IN||• Focused on American cultural integration, including cultural events and trips to popular American locations
• Beautiful, small campus located in the heart of America
• All teachers for IEP program have master's degrees, are caring, and supportive
|Valparaiso University (INTERLINK Language Center - Valparaiso)||English as a Second Language Program||IN||• Teaches project-based learning where students learn by participating in authentic activities
• Strong support services including cultural orientation, academic preparation, university placement, and conditional admission
• Offers tuition scholarships based on a student's grade point average (GPA)
|Virginia Commonwealth University||English Language Programs||VA||• One of the largest ESL programs on the East Coast with a highly dedicated faculty focused on GRE preparation, TOEFL preparation, engineering, and business English.
• Excellent location for learning English, traveling and meeting new friends
• Offers partial scholarships and accepts conditional admission without an IBT or IELTS score with customizable short-term English programs available January and February
• Boasts a leading medical center and top art school.
|Eastern Washington University (English Language Institute)||English Language Institute||WA||• Offers diverse programs such as Intensive English Programs, graduation preparation, summer programs, as well as English support classes, ensuring the highest quality of education for students.
• Renowned public university with strong undergraduate and graduate programs.
• Located close to the city of Spokane and minutes from more than 20 lakes, beautiful mountains and the Turnbull National Wildlife refuge.
|University of Nevada, Reno||Intensive English Language Center||NV||• The Intensive English Language Center at the University of Nevada, Reno has been offering high quality intensive English instruction for the last 30 years. Classes are affordable and offered year-round.
• The Intensive English Program is CEA accredited and offers supportive services for students outside the classroom including: a comprehensive orientation program, a conversation partner program, and weekly cultural and social activities.
• Located in Reno, Nevada a city that gets 300 days of sunshine with a plethora of outdoor activities in the area. Students can ski within a 30 minute drive from campus, or kayak a short walk from the University.
|Baruch College - CUNY (Center for English Language)||Center for English Language||NY||• Offers a variety of programs: Academic Intensive English, General ESL, Business ESL, ESL Test Preparation, and English Express
• Expertise and a long history of providing both on-campus traditional classes to individual students and flexible corporate programs to institutions from around the world (including online options)
• Interested in building collaborations and welcoming more Brazilian students to campus
|Boston School of Modern Languages||Intensive English Program||MA||• America’s first and most respected English Language School in the US established in 1925. BSML has an outstanding reputation and a significant number of their students come to the school by word of mouth.
• Highly qualified teaching staff that is university-educated and specializes in teaching English as a second language and have taught for more than 14 years
• Personalized attention (average of eight students per class) and long-lasting relationships with many 2nd and 3rd generation students returning.
• Their motto is "ENGLISH! Learn it, Live it, Love it… at BSML!"
|The University of Wisconsin–Eau Clair||English as a Second Language Program||WI||• Boasts various student resources such as time management classes, host friends, conversation partner programs, and a student body involved in many university organizations
• The 2015 edition of "America's Best Colleges" ranks UW-Eau Claire No. 6 among the top regional public universities in the Midwest and 33rd among all private and public institutions in the Midwest
• Located in a small, friendly, and safe city with great quality of life and four seasons
|Worcester State University||Intensive English Language Institute||MA||• Very diverse ESL program with students from around the world
• Academically rigorous ESL program that prepares students for university or professional success.
• ESL program meets the requirements for an F1 visa