English language programs have evolved to meet the growing needs of international students wishing to live and study in the United States. With unique offerings and tailor-made programs, these stand-out ESL schools just may surprise you.
1. At Language Systems – Downtown Los Angeles, the extremely helpful, highly qualified staff speak a whopping 13 different languages.
2. Mango Languages has embraced technology, making English-learning accessible via smartphones and computers.
3. ESL students at the University of Florida love the Cultural Immersion Program, which incorporates daily cultural activities and excursions every weekend.
4. At Felician College, students can partake in a unique class called, New York City Experience.
5. Those studying at California State University – San Bernardino may partake in the immersive home-stay program which includes meals, transportation, and full cultural exposure.
6. At Loyola University, located in the cultural mecca of New Orleans, ESL students have access to study music, art, and business at the prestigious university.
7. The English Language Center has a Juniors Program, which allows high school students to study English as well as participate in activities such as surfing and photography.
8. LSI engages English learners of all ages, with youth programs as well as the Club 40+, a multi-week program designed for mature learners that also incorporates cultural activities.
9. Intrax students have the benefit of networking and conversing with local entrepreneurs through an innovative program recently launched by the school.
10. University of California at Irvine is clearly doing it right. Ninety percent of its ESL students in the undergraduate Pathway program outperform other domestic and international students.
11. ELI Valdosta State University offers a university pathway to highly respected Georgia Tech (95% rate of acceptance of Valdosta students to Georgia Tech, which was ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the 7th “Best Public University in the US”).
12. Students at Valencia College have been accepted to Harvard from the college, showcasing the high quality of education offered at Valencia.
13. The University of Texas at Arlington - English Language Institute is now one of only 25 centers in the United States to offer the world-renowned CELTA certificate from the Cambridge English Language Assessment.
14. Rennert International offers unique English programs including English with Photography, Water Sports, and Dance. Rennert is the ideal choice for Brazilians as numerous Brazilian celebrities have studied there.
15. Pacific International Academy offers a unique Service Learning and Volunteering Program through its ESL school.
16. New England School of English (NESE) takes the unique approach of dividing its residences and classes between two age groups for the English for Business Professionals program. Separate dormitories also allow for a better learning environment and interactions between students.
17. Missouri State University has an innovative English for Musicians program which partners with the Master of Music program for one semester of combined music-specific language training alongside ensemble performance, music lessons, and a music appreciation class. This unique program combines state-of-the-art music education with the English proficiency skills to maximize professional musicians’ career opportunities.
18. Along with the University of Memphis’ English language programs, ESL students participate in unique cultural activities. Did you know that Memphis is the birth place of rock ’n' roll? Also the University of Memphis offers special summer courses such as English for Music and English for Civil Rights.
19. Kaplan International New York Empire State has been using one of the most advanced teaching methods for ESL, setting it apart from its competitors.
20. University of Kentucky – CESL boasts a unique service-learning approach which engages students in activities that address human and community needs while they improve their conversation skills.
21. The University of Arkansas in Fayetteville offers an exceptional Teacher Training program, hosting up to 30 teachers annually. The program was selected for a 12-year impact study to further understand its keys to success - both in training teachers and how those teachers went on to positively impact the education of their students.
English language programs have evolved to meet the growing needs of international students wishing to live and study in the United…